Descripción del producto
Thermo Scientific TM PathoProof TM Mycoplasma – 8 kit is designed for accurate same day identification of mastitis-causing microorganisms from bovine milk using real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR). PCR technology is used for amplifying DNA in a test tube enabling further analysis of DNA. In the PathoProof assays, real-time PCR detects the presence of DNA in a milk sample and identifies the bacterial species in question based on its unique DNA. The kit includes all the necessary reagents for bacterial DNA extraction and PCR. The test has been optimized for use with even the most challenging milk samples.
Real-time PCR has become the “gold standard” method for food pathogen testing and quality assurance. Based on this advanced technology, PathoProof Mycoplasma – 8 kit offer several advantages over the conventional bacterial culture method:
- Results are obtained substantially faster.
- Risk of carry-over contamination in the laboratory is minimized because the tests are performed in closed reaction vessels that are not opened after the run.
- Fewer “no growth” results because the test identifies and semi-quantifies DNA, so it accurately detects viable, dead and growth-inhibited microorganisms.
- Applicable for use with preserved milk samples, thus eliminating the need for cooling during sample transportation.
- Can be integrated into milk recording programs using preserved milk.
PathoProof Mycoplasma – 8 kit identifies 8 mastitis-causing bacterial species or species groups. The bacteria are detected in two separate PCR reactions. The PathoProof Mycoplasma – 8 kit identifies the following bacterial species and groups:
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Streptococcus agalactiae
- Mycoplasma bovis
- Mycoplasma alkalescens
- Mycoplasma bovigenitalium
- Mycoplasma californicum
- Mycoplasma canadense
The Norden Lab Mastitis Studio General Edition is a software application designed for
interpreting, reporting and storing the results obtained using PathoProof Mycoplasma – 8 kit.
This software facilitates data analysis and is highly recommended as an integral part of the
procedure for the PathoProof Mycoplasma – 8 kit.